To change your diet, you must reduce caloric intake moderately , that is to say first fat and quick sugars. It is essential to respect good eating practices ( see “The guide to good eating practices” ) by adding a few simple rules.
- Do not skip meals , especially breakfast, which must remain generous. Eat a light meal in the evening;
- Do not eat anything apart from meals. If you are hungry between meals, drink a full glass of water , coffee or tea without sugar. Drink also before the meal and in the middle of the meal;
- Continue to eat starchy foods with each meal : pasta, rice, potatoes or bread. They provide a feeling of satiety and provide the energy you need, as well as fiber. On the other hand, everything that accompanies them is to be limited: fatty sauces, butter, cheese, fresh cream, etc. It is therefore necessary to consume these starchy foods alone or with a seasoning without sugar or fat;
- Eliminate sugary soft drinks;
- Remove alcohol and beer. You can continue to drink wine , preferably red, by limiting yourself to one glass per day;
- Avoid eating out of your home as it is more difficult to control your diet. In restaurants it is sometimes possible, with friends it is more difficult… If you are having a good meal with several people, you must then try to reduce the quantities and above all never use another dish;
- Choose lean meats and favor poultry, without the skin, fish and shellfish;
- Beware of hidden fats : avoid all meats in sauce, fatty meats, gratins rich in milk, butter or cream, gruyère and eggs, fried foods, pastries and pastries, sweets and chocolate, ice cream, cakes aperitifs;
- Eat vegetables at will and in all their forms: raw, cooked, in soup;
- Eat two fruits a day, but no more;
- Preferred cooking
- Meats: grilled or roasted;
- Fish: grilled, baked or in the microwave, or in foil;
- Vegetables: steamed, smothered or microwave;
Make the seasonings and sauces as low as possible: put a little oil, butter or cream, then use the lemon, yogurt, cube broth and soy sauce, finally season to your taste with aromatic herbs and spices.
How to lose weight permanently?
To lose weight you have to rely on a few solid principles:
- Give yourself time, at least a month to lose 2 to 3 pounds;
- Prevent cravings and fatigue;
- Adhere to the rules set at the start;
- Avoid vitamin and mineral deficiencies ;
- Do not use drugs or special diet foods ;
- Keep maximum eating pleasure.
- To lose weight, determination above all!
While respecting these nutritional rules, to lose weight it is good to know how to choose the least energetic foods. It is therefore useful to know roughly the nutritional value of some common foods (see ” discover the nutritional value of foods “).
Stay Motivated with your weight loss goal
You still have to be determined and not give in to all temptations. The first week is often difficult but the first kilo lost is encouraging! However, small deviations are allowed provided they are exceptional. It’s up to you to find a balance without falling into obsession with food and frustration. Otherwise, you risk cracking and starting to nibble impulsively, then feeling guilty and going back to depriving yourself, and thus falling into a completely unproductive cycle compared to your weight loss goal!